Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Monday, April 5, 2010

Religion

I just want to start out by saying that, I do believe in some higher power. Something better and smarter than us. I can't say for sure what I think that power is. I'm not sure I believe in one supreme being responsible for creating the Earth, stars, sun, and the moon. I also wouldn't say that it's impossible or even wrong to believe it could be true. Why is it that some people claim their belief is the right one? What proof do they have? Who's right? Who's wrong? I just simply say we're all right and wrong. Why must we fight over it? What right does one group have to tell others they are wrong. It really fires me up when a group of people take a book written by man, and use it to scold people. It also pisses me off when they take that same book and twist it to suit their needs. Take certain passages literally, yet ignore others altogether. I'm so tired of people claiming this moral high ground then turn around and shit on people. Who's to say what is right and what is wrong? Stop preaching at people and just live a good life. Why are so many people concerned with what others do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? If others' actions are not harming anyone, why go after them in the name of God and religion? The reason I'm blogging about this is because I came across this note from one of my Facebook "friends." It was a woman, preaching about how we should stop tolerating homosexual behavior. What if a homosexual person lived a righteous life, treated everyone with love and care and was an upstanding citizen? Let's say this person was the perfect human being that just so happens to love the same sex. Now take a heterosexual person that hurts people physically, emotionally and spiritually, commits crimes, and is just taking up space in society. Are you telling me that this person has more of a right to get into heaven than the homosexual leading a productive life? And furthermore, if this poor excuse of a human being(the heterosexual) accepts jesus and repents, then he's forgiven and accepted into heaven. The homosexual that has done nothing but good all his life, doesn't get into heaven? Oh unless he admits that loving the same-sex is something he should, repent and be forgiven for? Is that the only way he'll be deemed "good"? That makes no type of sense to me what so ever. Perhaps I'm going to hell for that. Is it just me, or is it silly that humans feel they are the ones that should be judge and jury?

No comments:

Post a Comment