Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Monday, April 5, 2010

Do We Have to Like Everyone?

Have you ever had that one person,who you just could not stand? No matter what you do, no matter what they do, you just don't like them. For starters,your personalities don't mesh, and once they do something you don't like, that's it! Is it just me? Am I not forgiving or do I lack compassion? What happens when this person is a relative? I have a relative that drives me so insane, I just can't find anything I like about them. It makes me sad because, I was able to forgive ex-partners after they've hurt me, yet I can't find it in my heart to tolerate this relative. Something about their personality causes such disdain. I've been going through torment lately because, as time goes on, the less redeeming this person gets. I've attempted several times, to call upon my compassion and it worked. Just not for long. I give the person respect, but not much more. I see this person regularly and, I do feel bad that I can not muster up any fondness. Is giving the person respect enough on my part? Do I have to like this person? Or is it okay to not like somebody? It's not without reason that, I do not care for this person. I'm not one, to just dislike somebody for no reason. I feel this is somewhat of a failure for me because, I'm not yet evolved to the point of where I want to be. It's very frustrating. You would think, this could be achieved easily with a little effort. But wow, what an effort it takes. Maybe the fact that I feel badly about it, is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment