Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Monday, April 26, 2010

Networking and Support

I really have to hand it to people in the marketing and advertising fields. It's a tough job! I think I can safely say, for me, writing my book, Enchanted Island, was the easiest part. Getting people interested in the book, was not that hard. It's the getting people to dig into their pockets, is what's proving a bit difficult. There are those I never thought would purchase and read my book, then there's the ones I thought for sure would jump on it, and haven't noticed it at all :). I search everyday, for ways to market the book, it's really like having a part-time job. In networking with other writers, and business orientated people, there were some sites and even individuals, eager to network.

Since I know how hard it is to get the word out about my book, I'm going to dedicate this blog to those people and sites that have been kind to me. Taking an interest in my work, and using networking sites for their intended purpose, networking :) Please take the time to check any one of these people or sites out.

My partner, R.C. Berry is a talented new author. She's one to look out for. Her debut novel Set in Stone: The Life and Death of Medusa, is very well written and hard to put down. It will make a Greek Mythology fan out of anyone. Please check it out here:

http://www.touchepublishers.com/Books/setinstone1.html

On Facebook, a good friend of mine has a page Unseen NYC. It 's a wonderful page where you can go and have all the information you need to see NYC. The page concentrates mostly on the other four boroughs of NYC, since most sight seeing books mostly cover Manhattan. It is a wonderful tool.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unseen-NYC/371838651086?ref=search&sid=769394758.706503969..1

On facebook, every writer trying to get their work out there should join the group, For The love of Books,This group is a great way to connect authors, and readers. I have received great support from the group. I highly recommend it. Show some love by joining:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/For-the-Love-of-Books/112567588765290?ref=ts

Another great Facebook group is Online Networking Connections. It's created by Cara Wadsworth. The concept is simple, post your link for others to view, and in turn view links that others post. Support each other and create a bigger network.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109842132370422&v=info&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=109842132370422&v=wall&ref=ts

Here on Wordpress, Cherilaser was the first ever to comment on my blog and give me useful tips. If you're reading this, thanks Cheri! For everyone else you can find Cheri here cherilaser.wordpress.com. Thank you, all who have contributed to my blog. You make my life a little more interesting.

I hope you all get a chance to check out these few links, I'm sure you will enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment