Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Friday, January 28, 2011

I Want You To Know

In the last few days, traffic to my blog has increased. I'm excited and somewhat nervous :). All this time I've been writing about whatever came to my mind, be it, a rant or some tidbit about my book. Of course, I realized that this information was going out into cyberspace, for all the world to see. As long as there were only a few people trickling in, to read about what's on my random mind, I was safe. Now that people are stopping by more frequently, it hit me. I'm inviting people into my world, and they're actually coming in. Yikes! For those who know me personally, they know that I can be painfully shy, at first. I'm a very private person yet, here I am, putting myself out there in a very public way. Yeah, it baffles me too :D. Anyway, since I've invited you in, and you don't seem to mind, here are some things I want you to know:

  • I was born and raised in New York City.
  • I'm a child of divorce raised by a single mom.
  • I'm what you call a Nuyorican.
  • I speak spanglish
  • I'm a single mom of an 18-year-old son, and a 16-year-old daughter
  • I love Alanis Morissette, I swear she's my goddess(She even played God in the movie Dogma)
  • I'm a vegetarian(Not the preachy kind, to each his own)
  • I run a day care in my home(Yes, I'm crazy like that)
  • I love to travel
  • I love learning new things and meeting people of different backgrounds.
  • I'm stubborn(Hey blame my mother for conceiving me in August to be born in May, therefore, making me a Taurus)
  • I suffered with a bout of depression years back
  • My heart has been broken, one too many times, now I'm having a hard time putting it back together.
  • I'm currently struggling with weight loss issues
  • I've been known to be a funny little thing
  • Speaking of little thing, I'm 4 feet 9 inches tall(or short rather)
  • I've secretly always wanted to be daddy's little girl. (He had to go and be insane. The nerve!)
  • I love bread. All kinds of bread!
  • Do NOT laugh! I have an irrational fear, yes a phobia, of....BUTTERFLIES. (They terrify me)
  • I enjoy watching, yes, I really do, The Jersey Shore.(Guilty pleasure)

I suppose, for now, that's all I want you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment