Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Friday, January 21, 2011

Where Do We Draw The Line?

I work from home, so I spend a considerable amount of time on the internet. I search the web for tips on improving my life, both, personally and professionally. Therefore, I participate on the popular networking sites such as, Facebook and Twitter. I have an account for each of the aforementioned areas of my life. I do love the idea of being able to stay in touch with family and friends alike, who I don't see very often. I interact with long-lost high school classmates and even old crushes. It sounds like such a great deal, on paper. It really should be, but there is one thing that just ruins it for me. Drama! Why on Earth do people, in their infinite wisdom, air their dirty laundry on Facebook? Who the hell wants to know that you're having a spat with your significant other. Even worse, having that spat played out on status updates! Can we say awkward! Apparently, not awkward enough for the individuals involved. I've had friends update me about their girlfriends passing gas, sex habits, how they like sex,how they are just about to go have sex, how they just finished having sex, public disputes with a lover, how their lover doesn't appreciate them because they didn't text them, how much they hate their lives, etc. Everything I just mentioned is on any given day. Yes, I've accepted friend requests from these people. I had no idea what I was accepting. Am I wrong in thinking this is just too much? Should I be accepting everyone's right to express themselves freely? Where do we draw the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment