Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Golly Miss Molly

Read May Torres' take on Molly Sinclair

Molly Sinclair's Video

I'm Molly Sinclair. Some of you might know me from Enchanted Island. I'm best friends with Gabby Sanchez. At least I like to think I am. We didn't start out that way though. I never really paid her any mind. You see, her mother cleans my house. She has for years. She's a nice lady. In fact, if it wasn't for her and my nanny, Bethany, I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. My mother is pretty much an ice queen, so I guess I'm kinda glad she's never really around. She cares more about her stupid charity work and benefits. She spreads it on thick for all the big shots so they can hand over their money. I have no freakin' idea what she gets out of it. But who cares? She stays out of my hair. What do I need her attention for? She's not that great.

My dad holds some big-time position at the hospital. At first he was just a regular old heart doctor then he moved up to the head of the department or some crap like that. I picked up these things by the bits of conversation I overheard when my parents were entertaining those really boring old people. So when dad is not at the hospital he's off playing golf or whatever it is he does. He doesn't have much to say to me. The way I see it, he was disappointed that I was born a girl. He has no use for me.

That's why I'm glad that Gabby decided to make friends with me one day. I had always hoped she would, to tell you the truth. I wasn't going to make the first move. She didn't really fit in with my kind of crowd. People at my school made fun of her. She wore the same crappy clothes over and over. My friends were nothing like her. They had all the best things like me. We lived in the same area and she had to travel from God knows where to get to school. But anyway, she ended up being nice to me. But do you think I cared? I screwed that up quickly. But Gabby being the saint she is, forgave me and we continued our friendship.

I didn't mention that the new kid, Gilberto was now in the picture. I really resented him at first because Gabby got so close with him. Then something happened. I realized that he was starting to like Gabby. I couldn't understand why. I'm the pretty one. I have all the nicest clothes and live in a cool place. My house is full of all the best things money can buy. And last, but not least, I was the first one to develop in all the right places. Gilberto should have really noticed me first. I don't know what his problem was. But oh well. I just didn't like that those two were so close. I mean, what about me?

There's so much more to tell, but right now I have to run and get my hair and nails done. Ta Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment