Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfest!

I came across Nicole Ducleroir's blog One Significant Moment At A Time a few weeks ago. I saw that there was going to be something fun going on February 16th. Here we are, weeks later and I'm excited to participate. The following is a snippit from her blog that tells all about the event going on today.

"Welcome to the Bernard Pivot Blogfest! We have over 105 bloggers playing along, but if you've come by for a visit and you're not on the list, feel free to jump aboard!
We're having fun with Pivot's ten question questionnaire, made famous in this country by James Lipton of Inside the Actor's Studio. (Blank questionnaire found here.) Blogfest participants have filled out the questionnaire and pasted it with their answers on their blogs today. Hop from blog to blog and read everyone's answers! I hope you learn something interesting about your blog friends and meet some new people."

Without further ado, here are my answers.

  1. What is your favorite word? I love the word "reciprocity." It's not only fun to say, but also has great meaning. I work hard to embody the word. I wish for it to be prevalent my life, but sadly is not. I'm working to surround myself with people whose favorite word is also, reciprocity.
  2. What is your least favorite word? My least favorite word is going to be surprising. As a woman, I laugh at myself for hating this word so much. The word, vagina. Oh how I hate that word. It drives me crazy! I most definitely prefer using some of the more crass terms for that particular part of the female anatomy.
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively, I love the unknown, the unexplained, and the illogical. That gets my juices flowing. Spiritually, compassion and enlightenment turns me on. I love when there is a higher consciousness. A reverence for all living things and the planet. Emotionally, trust and loyalty turn me on. When I have those things my heart is completely open.
  4. What turns you off? This is the easiest. LIARS!!!!! People who lack integrity. That's a sure fire way to lose my erection for someone :)
  5. What is your favorite curse word? I hate that I have to choose one. It's a toss up between shit and fuck. Can we just say my answer is, shitfuck? Hey that's a word! I think...
  6. What sound or noise do you love? Hysterical laughter. It's contageous.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Anything repetitive. Tapping, people repeating themselves over and over, etc.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Psychology. It's absolutely fascinating to me.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Medical examiner. I would hate to examine the bodies of those who were taken away violently. It would make me even highly cynical and perhaps turn me into the "Tiny Avenger" (<--Short joke)
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "See, you did matter."

7 comments:

  1. "Shitfuck" works for me! :o) Thanks for following my blog. I'm now following you too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fascinated by your replies to the questions. I especially like your answer to number 10. I was once a counselor for a time. It is an absorbing but often saddening (is that even a word?) profession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww, medical examiner would be NASTY...and smelly. *shudder*

    Great answers. :)

    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd left a comment here, but with all the blogs I've visited, maybe I didn't.

    Vagina is a word I avoid using too. Don't like the sound of it.

    Reciprocity is something that I work at too. Nice to meet you and thanks for dropping in at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Medical examiner, hmm, one of those professions you're glad someone will do and glad it's not you! Good answers.

    Bernard Pivot Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another combinational swearer - it has got to be the way ;)
    I can understand why medical examiner would be less appealing than psychology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun! Thank you all for stopping by to read my answers. I laughed quite a bit yesterday when I was blog hopping :) So many creative responses to the questions.

    ReplyDelete