Download the Author May Torres App

Author May Torres
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Thought I'd Mention It

Just a few weeks ago, I posted a blog entry about how difficult it was to find reciprocity. I wanted to write a quick follow-up to that post. While I still see a huge lack of reciprocity in my networking circle, I have to bring attention to those who have come through. One of the replies to my post came from a gentleman I came across in cyberspace. He pointed out how keeping track of several hundred contacts can be somewhat difficult. I understand his point, and totally see how it could be. I think what irks me most, is the number of people whose only concern is having the most friends and followers. The ones interested in only serving their needs. I look for people who actually engage their friends and followers. So this post is dedicated them. *I provided direct links to each person mentioned. So, please click on the highlighted text to "meet" them.* :)

The gentleman I mentioned above, is Draven Ames. He's a writer and takes interest in the people in his social networking circle, whether it be Twitter or Facebook. Although he has many followers and hundreds of friends on Facebook, he still manages to be approachable. Follow him on Twitter or through his blog Another Slightly Scary Story. Find out more about him. You'll be glad you did.

Being Latino Online Magazine, is a site I first came upon via Facebook. They bring together the Latino community through a series of informative articles. They help educate while also being entertaining. No matter who the author is of a particular article, you can rest assured that they will appreciate your interest and converse with you. You can follow them on Twitter and check out their magazine here on WordPress

Just by connecting with Draven Ames and Being Latino, I was able to be exposed to others, I find interesting to follow.

Sheri Jenkins White- She writes great stories. You have to check them out on Chaos and Contentment

Julio Varela- He has an excellent blog on WordPress and might I add, cojones! [sorry :-)]

Icess Fernandez -Nice to chat with. Check out her blog Writing to Insanity

Ms Kitty Alvarez- So much fun to chat up. Check her out on Twitter

John Marino- Cool blog about horror. Check him out at Horror Writing

Laurel-Rain Snow- Always an active participant on my blog. You can check out her blog here on WordPress

I'm sure I'll be updating this list frequently. Finally, I also want to mention a few of my personal friends who always show me support.

R.C. Berry-Fantastic new author and my partner on this publishing journey. Kind and amazing friend! Check her out on Facebook and Touché Publishing

Amy Priscilla Kim- I've known Amy over 10 years now. She's smart and sassy. She's also an Independent Sales Representative/eRepresentative at Avon. Find out more info at her Avon website and follow her on Twitter.

Jen Ryan-Super cool lady and good friend. She has been a big supporter. Jen has a blog which is one of my favorites, UnseenNYC. Since most tour guide sites and books concentrate on Manhattan, her site caters to the other boroughs of New York City. Follow her on Twitter

Angela McCool- Fun, with a lot of spunk. She is a "friend of a friend" who quickly became one of mine. She just launched her new products which you can find at Mariposa Fashions. I think the ladies will love them and men even more ;)

I enjoy sharing cyberspace with each of these people, just thought I'd mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment